Contact lenses offer a comfortable and convenient alternative to glasses, granting a natural field of view and the freedom to participate in various activities without worry. At Acuity Eyecare in Salem, NH, we provide comprehensive contact lens exams and fittings to ensure you get the right lens for your vision and lifestyle needs.
Before diving into contact lenses, it’s important to recognize the signs that you might benefit from them. If you’re experiencing any of the following, it might be time to consider a contact lens exam:
- Discomfort or inconvenience while wearing glasses during physical activities
- Frustration from glasses fogging up or getting wet in the rain
- Dissatisfaction with how you look in glasses
- A desire for a wider field of vision
- Not achieving optimal vision correction with glasses
Why Opt for Contact Lens Exams and Fittings
While glasses are an excellent option for many, contact lenses offer unique benefits that may make them a more suitable choice for your lifestyle. They provide a wider field of view as they move with your eyes, allowing you to see more naturally. If you are into sports or physical activities, contact lenses offer the advantage of staying in place and not getting in the way, unlike glasses.
Contact lenses can also enhance aesthetic appeal for those who prefer not to wear glasses for cosmetic reasons. They allow you the freedom to flaunt your natural look without the interference of frames.
Moreover, with advancements in optometry, contact lenses now cater to a range of visual impairments. Whether it’s myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism, or presbyopia, there’s a good chance that there’s a contact lens out there for you.
The journey to getting your contact lenses at Acuity Eyecare involves a detailed process:
- Comprehensive Eye Exam: Before anything else, our doctors perform a comprehensive eye exam to assess your overall eye health and determine your prescription.
- Contact Lens Consultation: We discuss your lifestyle, preferences, and comfort to help determine the type of contact lens that best suits you. Options could range from daily disposables to monthly lenses, soft lenses, or rigid gas-permeable lenses.
- Contact Lens Fitting: This involves measuring your eye’s surface to ensure the lens fits correctly and comfortably. We use advanced tools to measure the curvature of your cornea and the size of your pupil or iris.
- Trial Lenses: We provide trial lenses to ensure their comfort and fit. Our doctors then assess the alignment and movement of the lenses on your eyes and how well they correct your vision.
Keeping Your Eyes Safe
When using contact lenses, following proper care guidelines is critical to maintain eye health:
- Always wash your hands before handling lenses.
- Use only the cleaning solution recommended by our doctors.
- Never sleep in your lenses if they’re designed for overnight use.
- Replace your lenses and lens case as recommended to avoid infection.
- If your lenses cause discomfort or your vision becomes blurry, remove your lenses and contact us immediately.
Embracing contact lenses as a vision correction solution is not only about improving your sight but also about enhancing your overall quality of life. Contact lenses eliminate the limitations often associated with glasses, allowing you to participate in various activities, be it sports, outdoor adventures, or simple tasks such as reading and driving, without worry. This freedom of movement and the advantage of an unobstructed, clear view of your surroundings can significantly impact your daily experiences. The world appears more vivid and boundless when viewed through well-fitted contact lenses, lending you a renewed sense of confidence and spontaneity in your everyday life.
Furthermore, transitioning to contact lenses is usually a smooth journey for most patients. With cutting-edge innovations in lens materials and design, contact lenses of today offer exceptional breathability, ensuring your eyes receive adequate oxygen enhancing overall comfort and health. This, paired with lenses tailored to your specific prescription, provides clear vision and a comfortable, barely-there feel. Even for those with special visual needs, such as astigmatism or presbyopia, advancements in contact lens technology make vision correction comfortable and effortless. Overall, the benefits of contact lenses extend beyond mere vision correction, contributing to a better, more vibrant lifestyle.
Q: How often should I schedule a contact lens exam?
A: It’s recommended that contact lens wearers have their eyes examined annually to ensure ongoing eye health and the right lens prescription.
Q: Can I sleep in my contact lenses?
A: Most contact lenses are not designed for overnight wear, and doing so can increase the risk of eye infections. However, certain types of lenses are made for extended wear. Always follow our doctor’s advice.
Q: What happens if my contact lenses are causing discomfort?
A: If your contact lenses cause discomfort or vision problems, remove them immediately. If the discomfort persists, schedule an appointment with us to evaluate the issue.
At Acuity Eyecare, achieving clear, comfortable vision should never be a hassle. Our contact lens exams and fittings are designed to provide you with the best possible solution for your unique visual needs and lifestyle. Ready to experience a world without frames? Schedule your contact lens exam and fitting today at email@example.com. Our dedicated team looks forward to helping you see the world more clearly.